Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Sweeny Todd

I was trying to come up with a costume Matt and I could do together. He loves Sweeny Todd. I figured that might work. So which version do you do when there are so many great costumes in the movie? I decided I was seeing far less of this one so I went with it. 


I found the circle fabric and fell in love with it. There was no other choice for the vest. The black and white stripe became a massive search. In fact, the blue and white stripe for the skirt was incredibly difficult to find too. I finally found a blue stripe but it was knit when the rest of the skirt fabric was cotton. It was the only stripe so I went with it. 


The skirt was fun to pull together. (eye-roll) There are multiple layers. The 3 solid blues to divide and define. The bottom stripe with the eyelet edge was a ribbon I found at Hobby Lobby. The Chevron print and the top stripe. I finished the skirt then within days, found a perfect, cotton blue and white stripe. So the main skirt was removed from all the bottom layers and switched out.  



Mrs Lovett front and back



This skirt has since been used as a Pirate skirt, a Steampunk skirt and I'm sure we'll find other uses. it is full and fun. There is a fluffy petticoat that you don't see here but it adds to the fun, fullness of the skirt. 



Then we get to the suit. I sewed a suit... Its crazy. I can't believe it worked. 


The end result. Ignore my make up bag. Should have realized I was still holding it. 


I think the next post will be a rundown of some of my favorite cosplays over the past conventions. I usually post on Tuesday but sometimes get the itch and post sooner. so, we'll see.

Have a lovely week


No comments:

Post a Comment