Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Great Cosplay

Today I am showing some of my favorite cosplay from the past 2 years. I don't take many photos and they are all from my phone. But I wanted to share the standouts that have caught my eye. THIS is what I love at fan conventions. The creativity and cleverness of what these builders pull together is AMAZING and so much of it HANDMADE?! 


This was at the very first ComiCon. I have no idea if this is a character or what materials she used. It is just an amazing build. She had barely entered the Salt Palace and was surrounded for photos. It was so cool. There had to be wheels under the tail end to help it glide along. 


This falls into the clever. 


I saw these two cuties walking with their dad and had to ask for a photo. So Stinking adorable. We saw them later at KidCon dancing. Darth had requested a Michael Jackson song and was busting a move. 


This Snow White was GORGEOUS! The fabrics were beautiful she did an amazing job making this.  


Love the sass going on here. 


One of my first shots from the most recent FanX. How awesome is the Sponge-Bob Captain?


Thor here is a favorite with the ladies. There was an entire 100+ comment, Facebook thread pretty much dedicated to him. He is the nicest guy as well. I first "met" him helping kids shoot arrows at Fantasy Con and asked him (awkwardly/creepily) if he cosplayed Thor, because he totally should. I was relieved when he said Thor would be there the next day. 


He came over twice to do Superhero Training at KidCon/FanX. He did the full rotation with the kids then stayed for each kid to get a photo with him. I smiled seeing a cute little girl just watching him in awe. (some of our kidCon volunteers looked at him with the same look;-)   


These are friends of my daughters. They are always lovely, but I liked their Steampunk Ariel and Ursula. 


This is my awesome sister. She was trying to think of a Halloween costume and decided to go with one of her childhood favorites. I love how she pulled this together in a matter of hours. One creative idea is that she found the socks, realized they were perfect and bought 2 pairs making one into the sleeves. 


Very nice man who was a nearly perfect Spock. We recently learned of Leonard Nimoy's death. This is a nice reminder of all the Nimoy greatness


This couple has been doing the Galaxy Quest Aliens for a few cons and are always appreciated. They do all the weird noised and motions and even the -lead with the knee-caps- walk. This is the first time I was able to get a photo.


This little guy is awesome. His Dad built this costume. It has even received a twitter thumbs up from James Gunn the director of Guardians of the Galaxy. He loves the costume so much he'll wear it on random days to grocery shop. But if you think this is cute it gets better


When you see the cutie inside.



This is a halloween costume I had to share. Anna here... is my nephew Parker. He and his buddies were trying to decide what to dress up as. His mom teased them about being Elsa and Anna. they figured it was a great idea and went with it. 


They are in sunday flats and I LOVE his sassy pose. 


I was able to help at Boo at the Zoo when this awesome Frozen family came in. How CUTE are they?


Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne from Dumb & Dumber. These two guys walked in sword fighting with their canes and whacking each others legs. It was perfect but I'm sure Mom was rethinking it before the day was through. 


Cary Elwes came to Comicon 2014. This group came as Men in Tights. I noticed their great poses through out the day. People getting into their characters and playing along makes it even better. 


I saw this family and Had to get a shot. How cute is Russell. I Love UP!


Back to the clever. I saw this lady with a milk crate with handle bars attached to her. I watched her for a minute before I realized what she was doing. I asked for a photo and she pulled out the moon. Too funny


The Knights who say Ni. Always love a good Holy Grail reference. 


This cute Toy Story group also came to Kid Con to do photos with the kids. This photo also features my friend Lisa and her daughter Hannah


Sometimes I think "I have worked really hard on this one. Maybe we should enter it into a cosplay contest." Then I see things like THIS.  


How amazing is this Dark Angel? This is all hand made! Just incredible. She is the dark and her friend Is the Light. 


How gorgeous are they?  
Surprising no one, They won the Fantasy Con Costume contest. 


See... Amazing! I love making costumes and trying new things but I will never be at THIS level. I will always be amazed and fascinated by the cosplayers. I love to just find a seat and watch them walk in. So if you are ever in downtown Salt Lake the weekend of a fan convention pay attention, you may see works of art walking right by you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment