Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Plate stands

These are all over pinterest. So I am not bringing you anything new and exciting. It was just something I decided to try and to share. 

I went to the local thrift shop and found groupings of plates that I liked. 


Then I picked out a few glass pieces. cups, wine glasses, candle holders, what ever grabs your eye. 



Make sure to use a nice, strong glue. I am Loving the E-6000 glue lately.  


Then you just layer them largest to smallest. 









A couple of tips. 
                     My Sister-in-law suggested, make sure the edges of your glass piece are smooth, not scalloped. Makes for smoother adhesian. 

I think shorter glass pieces are better. I had found this nifty, blue cocktail glass but realized it was going to be Way too tall. 

My family has an annual Fondu party the Saturday before Christmas. 
We have So many items on platters. 
(Bread, veggies, meatballs, chicken nuggets, Little Smokies,  shrimp and the 3 favorites, Carrots, Apples, Grapes. -I'm not kidding. they rock in cheese)  
I think our family selection of these towers will save space and work nicely. 




One more thing,
I have had nasty, varicose veins since high school. They hurt and are ugly. I avoid bare legs as much as possible all year because of them. On Monday, the big one on my knee got bumped some how and burst. It hurt SO stinkin bad and left a nasty bruise. I've decided it is time I do something about it. I go to a screening tomorrow to have them looked over. I hate thinking about how they fix them and I am nervous to do it. But I am quite excited to have them done. 
I might actually buy a cute pair of shorts this spring.  
(Which I am SO ready for and Winter hasn't even officially started) 

So wish me luck and if you have dealt with ugly leg veins… Well.. I'm not sure I want to hear about it.  Good stories maybe. To encourage and ease the nerves. 

Have a wonderful week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment