Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Doctor Who, Ugly legs & Sundance Film festival.

Looks like I took 2 weeks off. Didn't want to make it 3. But I really have very little to share. So this will be a quick update / filler post and we'll see what we can come up with for next Tuesday.


#1. I did another Doctor visit for my ugly veins. The first Doctor I went to wasn't on my insurance so I had to start over. I scheduled my little surgery thing for the 28 of January. I was given some lovely "shorts" to wear for the appointment. wanna see.  



Yep. Totally Hot.  
See the ugly lumps above the knee. Yeah, Those are going Bye, Bye. 
Do I do before and afters? 
If I do, I promise they will be post healing not be post op. 

I kind of HATE injury photos and would appreciate people NOT posting these nasty, 
gaping wounds on my Facebook feed. 




2. I am currently -without Project- I am in the middle of Nothing. I decided to just chill out for the holidays and I have enjoyed that.  Also, It's cold. I'm not nice when I'm cold. So I won't be working outside until the temperature raises a bunch of notches. 


3. Although, I did just buy a large table in need of a sand down and repaint. So I'll get to that once it does warm up.  I am excited for this one.



4. My favorite blog www.Epbot.com  Has a cool tutorial that will probably be my next post. 
(One of her photos.)  

Making sure her watermark is on there. 
I am going to use her flocking technique on my favorite wreath. SO the next real post might be Christmas still. But I have time now. 
Heres the Tutorial link just in case you want to peak ahead. 
http://www.epbot.com/2013/12/easy-diy-tree-wreath-flocking-redux.html



5. I am volunteering at the Sundance Film Festival. 

I have always wanted to. I used to live 15 minutes away from Park City but was always working. 
Now, I'm not. 
So why not do it. 
I am excited that I get to participate. There are 2 shows I will probably not watch, but otherwise, 
I think I have a good schedule.  


6. A little over a year ago I told my "Geek" daughter that she should try out Doctor Who.   


She instantly loved it. She shared it with her sister and brother and our home was filled with "Hoovians". I wanted to watch it, but wanted to start from the beginning rather than just jump in. 
I knew it would be a pretty good haul.  So I waited.  

In the process, I grew to know about everything there was to know without actually watching. Over Christmas I finally started from Christopher Eccleston who was the Doctor for the 2005 revival. I just watched the first Donna Noble -companion episode. I really like Doctor Who. Yes it is delivered with a good chunk of "cheese". What's not to like about that? One of my kids pointed out the Doctors "Human's are amazing" speeches throughout  the series. It is a fun, encouraging show. I am looking forward to the new Doctor and what they do with him. 

Ok, Thats more than enough rambling. I hope you have a lovely week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment